Happy New Year everyone!
This week I want to make some carrot and sweet potato soup, for which I will need some vegetable broth. Something I’ve been doing for awhile now is saving all my vegetable scraps in the freezer so that I can use them at a later date for making vegetable broth! Some vegetables don’t work well for this (too strong of color or distinct taste), but ones I typically use are mushroom stalks, celery butts and leaves, carrot and sweet potato shavings and butts, discarded onion layers, squash bits, and so on. I just keep an old ziploc in the freezer to add to as I cut up veggies throughout the month.
I just throw some scraps in the pan, add water, about 1-2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar, and some Himalayan pink salt (which I buy from the bulk bins of Fresh Thyme ). I let it cook on low for about an hour and then drain the liquid into a separate container.
Once I make the soup, I’ll post the recipe in the comments (or whatever semblance of a recipe I can come up with).
Have a wonderful and blessed year friends!
Ally

No comments:
Post a Comment